Welcome to CFMS!
Frequently Asked Questions for 6th Graders & New Students
If you’re new to Camden Fairview School District, please go here for new student registration information. New students and 2023-24 6th grade families, see below to learn more about CFMS!
- What are the hours of operation?
- Our instructional day is from 8:00AM to 3:25PM. Breakfast begins at 7:20AM. Car-riders are dismissed at 3:25PM.
- How does the car line work at CFMS?
- Please enter CFMS from Dooley Womack Drive and drive to the right. As drivers approach CFMS, 6th graders should be dropped off and picked up on the right side of the building (the side with the basketball goals). 7th and 8th graders should be dropped off on the other side of the building.
- When will my student receive their class schedule? Will they get to see their classrooms and meet their teachers before school starts?
- CFMS will host an orientation night in early August 2023. 6th grade registration and schedule pickup will also be available from 8:30AM-3:00PM if families are unable to attend orientation. During orientation, students will receive their class schedule, meet their teachers, and see their classrooms.
- Is my child's homeroom teacher my main point of contact?
- At CFMS, students have 7 class periods and are in each class the same amount of time. You are encouraged to contact any of your student's teachers with questions or concerns. A faculty email directory is available here. Home Access Center (HAC) is also available to monitor your student's grades and may be accessed here.
- What school supplies does my child need?
- Each CFMS department will provide a supply list for each grade.
- Will students use lockers?
- Yes, and a $4 fee for the lock will be due in the 2023-24 school year.
- Will students need bathroom passes?
- Yes. All CFMS students are issued a student planner for $4. The planner contains four bathroom passes for each 9-week period. Students also have time between classes to use the restroom and travel between classes.