Welcome to CFMS!
Frequently Asked Questions for 6th Graders & New Students
If you’re new to Camden Fairview School District, please go here for new student registration information. New students and 2022-23 6th grade families, see below to learn more about CFMS!
- What are the hours of operation?
- Our instructional day is from 8:00AM to 3:20PM. Breakfast begins at 7:20AM. Car-riders are dismissed in waves according to the students' last names: A-F at 3:20PM; G-L at 3:24PM, M-S at 3:28PM, and T-Z at 3:32PM.
- How does the car line work at CFMS?
- Please enter CFMS from Dooley Womack Drive and drive to the right. As drivers approach CFMS, 6th graders should be dropped off and picked up on the right side of the building (the side with the basketball goals). 7th and 8th graders should be dropped off on the other side of the building.
- When will my student receive their class schedule? Will they get to see their classrooms and meet their teachers before school starts?
- CFMS will host a 6th Grade Orientation on August 15, 2022, at 6:00PM. 6th grade registration and schedule pickup will also be available from 8:30AM-3:00PM on August 15 if families are unable to attend orientation. During orientation, students will receive their class schedule, meet their teachers, and see their classrooms. You may also sign up for Notify family notifications using the link in the left sidebar. Please sign up for Notify using your cell phone number and email address to ensure you receive text message and email alerts.
- Is my child's homeroom teacher my main point of contact?
- At CFMS, students have 8 class periods and are in each class the same amount of time. You are encouraged to contact any of your student's teachers with questions or concerns. A faculty email directory is available here. Home Access Center (HAC) is also available to monitor your student's grades and may be accessed here.
- What school supplies does my child need?
- Each CFMS department will provide a supply list for each grade. The 2022-2023 lists are available here.
- Will students use lockers?
- Yes, and a $4 fee for the lock will be due in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Will students still need bathroom passes?
- Yes. All CFMS students are issued a student planner for $4. The planner contains four bathroom passes for each 9-week period. Students also have time between classes to use the restroom and travel between classes.